I wish you were here to smell my kitchen right now. The cinnamon aroma is intoxicating. I was inspired to bake this morning since I did absolutely NOTHING all day yesterday except watch five episodes of Tosh.0 and two movies (Book of Eli and Robin Hood) while nursing a vodka hangover.
Lovely, I know.
Here is the recipe, enjoy:
* 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
* 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
* 3/4 c. of sugar
* 1/2 c. butter melted
* 1/2 c. sour cream
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 c. of almond milk
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 1/2 c. brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons of butter
* 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Batter: Sift 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat egg until frothy. Beat in sugar and butter until combined. Add milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Add to flour mixture a little at a time and mix on low until combined. Do not over mix. If the batter is too stiff add a little more milk.
2. Crumb topping: Combine last 4 ingredients (make sure your butter for the topping is chilled) in a small bowl and mix together, then set aside.
3. Put 1/2 the batter in a 8x8 - inch greased pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle 1/2 crumb topping over batter. Repeat. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
I also added a teaspoon of cinnamon into the batter for better flavor and extra butter for the crumb topping. Some people add nuts to the topping as well.
My favorite part about this cake: the crumb topping goodness. Mmmmm.